Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happiness....What is it????

Hey friends!!!!

Have you people ever wondered what life and happiness is all about?? I am sure you have.... and I am also sure none of us have ever found any convincing answers....... well thats why life is the most mysterious thing ever created....

we see loads of people in our lives...experience a contrariety of emotions... undergo huge number of different experiences.... but at the end of the day what is it that seems to be most important for us?? what makes us feel most satisfied and happy??

Do you feel happy just because your english teacher praised your excellent expression or is it because you won the gold medal in table tennis ...or because nobody could beat you in that tough programming contest...or is it because that someone special said you looked great in blue??? well i do agree all these things make us feel great... but believe me friends none of them last..all these happiness are just momentary....

So what is it that gives us actual pleasure??? let me tell you what it is... All the real happiness and satisfaction depends on how true you have been to yourself all day... what is that small thing you have done to lighten up somebody else s pain..... to make a grieved soul laugh....

The happiness is not because your english teacher praised you.... its because you helped a friend who is poor in grammer and he got the highest marks in class..... it s not because you won a gold medal in the game...its because you had the character to step down from the game to take a sick freind to the doctor..... its not because you won or didnt win the programming contest.. its because you gave it your best shot.... its not because that someone special complimented you its because you complimented someone who is usually ridiculed.....

So dear friends .... you see what makes you actually happy???? Its not about what the world gives to us... its about what you give to the world without any desire for returns...

4 comments:

HandmadeByLalli said...

Nice line of thought, Sindhu. I really liked it. :)

Unknown said...

I would not agree with you on this aspect. I think the first and foremost goal of a person's life is to further his/her own life. Hence to further one's own life one has to have a set of goals. You always make choices (choosing which is a higher goal compared to another). In such a scenario why would an altruistic thought be of great help to a person. Helping others is not the purpose of one's life. I think you should revise/rethink your fundamental definitions and question the same.

Anonymous said...

Happiness is the satisfaction of my desires. If I desire to help others, doing that will make me happy. If a terrorist wants to kill 'kafirs', doing that will make him happy.
The important question therefore is not what makes people happy, but what should their desires be? Why should I want to help others as opposed to wanting to kill them?

Not a regular girl -- Sindhu said...

@ Lalli
Thank you so much. Your comments mean so much to me!! Your small comment made my day :)

@ Mr. Surya Kumar
I appreciate your comments, anna! But I don't think its so very wrong to help others. I am not asking anyone to sacrifice. I just asked people to help if its in their reach. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me :)

@ Mr. Koustubh Moharir
I definitely agree with your statement. Its very true. All this depends on personal choice. But I personally feel that if you can help someone you'll feel satisfied to a great extent. The smile on the person's face, the contentment in their eyes will make your day.Yet again, it is personal choice. Thank you so much for taking time to leave your comments. I appreciate it :)