Thursday, October 23, 2008

The sleeping poet (I am no beauty anyway)...Awaken unexpectedly at school...not by a prince :(

Hello readers (if anyone is reading this bull-shit...Oops I am so sorry about the language....I never meant it...Actually, it was a publicity gimmick...I have learnt a lot from the page 3 and bollywood hotties....A proof....Try this...Speak something bad...You'll be in the limelight)
Here I paste the earliest of my literary works :P
I know I am a horrible writer…Don’t sue me if someone hangs himself unable to read this rubbish! People are asked to read AT THEIR OWN RISK!!!! Oh yeah!
Anyways…Getting back to the point…Lemme tell you about this poem…This is where all it started..We had CCA periods…One fine day there was this open to all competition which was compulsory for one and all…It was a poetry competition…It was an on the spot kinda thing….The topic given was “An unforgettable moment in your life” (I was 10 then…and I had seen a hell lot of life :P) My mind immediately located the unfortunate Mumbai adieu …And then all I did was just pick a pen…The pen did all the work by itself…I finished in about 10 minutes….I read, re-read, re-re-read the poem…And all of a sudden I had butterflies in my stomach...lol....It was impressive…seeing through the eyes of a ten year old…I then copied it out and showed it to my mum….She adored it…To my surprise and horror, the results were declared the following week and I won the first prize!!! YAY!!!!
So here comes the poem (Remember…This poem is the PRIVATE property of the 10 year old Sindhu Saripella… )
The Day I Was Leaving!!!
The day I was leaving,
I was really weeping,
My mother gave me my favourite dish bread-roll,
Yet I was unable to control,
I had to leave my best friends,
With a heavy heart and my heart bent,
This was the unforgettable moment of my life,
When I wished to cut my head with knife,
The moment of adieu,
The mist of tears completely blocked my view,
My friends were giving me one last hugs,
And then came this plump little bug,
It said, “Don’t you cry! My sweet angel,
We’ll find a way through this battle”.
With a twinkle in my eyes I tried to smile,
Which spread a whole mile!

So…How was it? Liked it? You have to…There is no choice...You have to :D
Author's personal note :
The last two lines were inspired from the following quote :
“Smile a while, while you smile, your smile spreads mile to mile” :D

3 comments:

HandmadeByLalli said...

cool poem. when I read your poem I remembered all the poems I used to write when I was your age, unfortunately people stop writing once they come out of college and hit the real world, but hope you continue to keep going. Great poem from a sweet girl. :)

Unknown said...

Nice...I would say this is not the best of your poems...but seeing that its the first one I understand...hehe...guess the teachers at your school scratched their heads unable to take their eyes off your work!!

Not a regular girl -- Sindhu said...

@ Lalli Akka!!
Thank you akka :) Your comments mean so much to me!!

@ Sweety!
Teachers @ my school were not that fond of me...edo ayipoyindi le! AECS Indore and AECS-2 Mumbai are not the same girl :) Thanks!!